22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. 25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
We have seen in previous posts that the literal rendering of Jesus’ statement in Mark 11:22 was “have the faith of God”. This is the kind of faith that enables a person to move the mountains in their lives if they believe in their hearts that what they are saying will come to pass.
Mountain moving faith is that whereby we believe in our heart and then say what we believe. According to Jesus we can expect to have what we say if we are speaking what we believe in our hearts.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
We are talking about the same faith that God used to create the universe. He saw darkness, spoke light, and light was! The rest of Genesis 1 contains account of God creating everything else with His words.
- And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
- And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
- And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
- And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
- And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.
- And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
- And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
- And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Can you see the pattern? Everything that exists in the physical realm was created using faith filled words!
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
I do not believe that this was a suggestion. Jesus commanded His disciples to have the faith of God. This commandment stands today for every Christian.
God wants us to learn to walk in His faith. Many people try to use their faith to believe for things and fail.
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Paul tells us that God has given “every man the measure of faith”. He did not limit this distribution to Christians. God’s faith is available to the unsaved because it is what they will need to become a Christian.
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Here we see that justification is “by the faith of Jesus Christ”. It is not by using natural human faith.
So Jesus commands us to have the faith of God. God has distributed the measure of faith to each one of us us. We use that measure to receive the redemptive work of Christ. From the moment of conversion we will live by that faith!
Thank you for stopping by today. If this post has been a blessing please share our blog with your friends and family.
You can be a vital part in helping MB Media by making a contribution to help support our operation and social media outreaches. Thank you in advance for your support and God bless you!
We use the secure services of PayPal for credit card transactions. When you click the button below, you will be taken to the PayPal secure web sever to enter your credit card information.
If you would like to partner with us on a monthly basis, please enter the monthly amount you would like to donate and click “Make this a monthly donation”. Your monthly support will be automatically sent to us each month when you complete the Subscription Form on PayPay’s site.